Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Name change/blood tests

I don't know if this matters but I changed the name of my blog tomylifewithcarcinoidcancer.blogspot.com  

I didn't like just having my name up there...  

I had blood work done last Friday.  The cancer clinic actually had my Z-tube for the Pancreastatin test so they did it right there and will send that one out. The only thing I don't like about them doing it is I don't get my results as quickly.  When the hospital lab does it, the results are online usually within a day (for the regular blood work like my liver function tests, CBC, etc.).   When the clinic does it, it may NOT get posted to my personal health record (online with them) for days and days.  I know the tumor marker tests take longer (CgA about a week and Pancreastatin about two weeks), but really, can't you get my other test results up there a little sooner?

I am curious what my WBC (white blood count) and Granulocytes are this time.  WBC was high and granulocytes was low.  My doc did not say anything about it at the time.  If they are still high/low when I see him in November, I'm going to ask...  

Here's wishing/hoping for my markers to remain low!  I'm not sure when I'll get my next scan.  Probably January or February.  This will be the longest I've gone between scans since my diagnosis in June 2012 (my first blog post).  

  

1 comment:

  1. Creative Peptides is staffed by scientific teams with experts in the fields of peptide technology, Pancreastatin

    ReplyDelete