Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sister's trip w/o me!

I thought I better post something even though I have no medical news to report... except I did go in for my Sandostatin shot yesterday.  It was uneventful--just how I like them (and with a $17,000 price tag, I better like them)!

Our yearly sisters trip was this week.  My sisters went without me!  They are enjoying the sun and sand of Mazatlan, Mexico.  I was sort of bummed about not going but I just don't have any vacation time at work due to my liver surgery back in Feb.  I also didn't have the money for the flight.  My oldest sis, whom I live with, has a time-share there so I only had to come up with $$ for the flight and food, etc.  Oh well, maybe next year (but I'm never going to have extra cash hanging around).

I tweaked my back on Sunday.  I have NO idea what I could have done to it.  I actually thought perhaps I slept too long... 11 hours Saturday night!  It was the latest I've slept-in for a long, long time and I felt great!  The best I've felt in years.  I went and rode Abbie and cleaned her stall but didn't twist or do anything that would have hurt my back (that I felt).  After I got home and relaxed on the couch (watched TV) I tried to stand up and just about couldn't!  It feels more like my hip but is on the lower left side so I don't know if that is considered your back or hip?  The major problem is I can't sleep!  It hurts every time I move and I sleep on my side (either) or my back.  I think I roll from side to side or back to side a lot during the night and every time I try to roll-over it hurts so bad!  Last night I caved in and took a tramadol--my go-to pain pill.  It did nothing so I got up around midnight and took an over-the-counter sleep med.  That didn't help either!  I am so tired today but I think my back pain is actually getting a little better this afternoon!  Yeah!  Of course since I don't remember actually hurting my back, my thoughts turn to cancer.  Is it cancer?  Has it spread to my bones?  Oh no!  I try so hard not to think along those lines but I know it is normal to think this way.  I decided that if it doesn't get better, I will just wait until my appointment with my Oncologist next month and talk to him, however, I'm pretty sure it'll be 100% better before then.  Whew.

The weather has gotten very Fall-ish the last couple of weeks.  Even downright Winter-ish.  It was a whopping 32 degrees this morning when I left for work.  It's warmed up to a nice 50 this afternoon.  Geez, I wish Fall would hang around a while longer!



I'm going in next week for my blood draw.  It takes at least two full weeks for the pancreastatin test to come back (maybe even three) and I want to make sure it's back before my appointment with my Onc.  Last time my WBC (white blood count) was a little high and so was my granulocytes.  I'm curious to see what they are now.  He (Onc.) didn't say anything about it so?

That's my quick update.  Sister gets back Friday night.  It's been a nice break for us.  Living together can be challenging at times!




No comments:

Post a Comment