Friday, February 8, 2013

I have a date!

With a surgeon, not a guy!   I knew this was going to happen fast.  I just knew it.  I'm sure I could have balked and asked for a later date but now I just want to get it over with and the longer I wait, the more nervous I'll be.  February 21st.  Yes, 13 days away.  Almost two weeks.

I've been reading about what to expect from liver resection surgery.  I also should have requested a visit with the surgeon beforehand so I could ask him all my zillion questions.  I was just so "shocked" with how quickly he wanted to do it.  I mean, I told her I was in no hurry but didn't know how long the surgeon would want to put it off.  He doesn't want to.  So I am going... under... the....knife!

I did ask about making sure they use the octreotide protocol in case of carcinoid crises.  She said they would.  I asked if he used staples or sutures.  Staples (rats).  I forgot to ask about drains and such but from what I've read, I will have at least one drain for my liver.  Not sure about a gastric-nasal tube.  Guess I will find out when I get there!  Also, a nurse should call me beforehand to go over pre-surgery instructions so I can ask her/him.

Positive energy, prayers, whatever you believe in, please send my way!  I will post more later...  I will also try to keep a journal of my recovery so it can help others to know what to expect.  Oh, I've also been told to gain some weight. That won't be a hardship (or be hard)!

No comments:

Post a Comment