Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pain, pain, go away--come again another day?

My pain from the abscess has not gone completely away.  I finished the antibiotics last Wednesday.  I thought I would give it a few days to keep working (or not).  The pain is definitely not as bad as it was, however, it is worse today than yesterday.

I called my oncologist's office yesterday since they had been handling this for me.  After several calls from the nurse, she got back with me and told me my doc wants me to call my surgeon.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised... he doesn't know what should be done. I was hoping just more antibiotics!  I did call my surgeon's office and talked to his admin.  she said he was in the operating room and would get back with me today.  I'm just waiting for a call. I hate waiting.  I kind of think he won't even call me back!  I know I'm just feeling insecure--like no one wants to deal with me!  I'm certainly not a PITA (pain in the ass) patient.  I don't know why I'm worried about him thinking it.  I do know he's super busy now that he's the head of the transplant program at the University Hospital.  I am his patient though so he should take care of me!

I'll keep you posted!  I feel OK otherwise... just tired but that is my "normal".


No comments:

Post a Comment