Friday, April 26, 2013

Normal...

I finally got a call back from my surgeon!  It only took 5 days and two phone calls (on my part) but at at least he called.  After asking me a lot of questions he thinks that the pain I have is normal and not an abscess.  He said if it were an abscess I would have a fever--and I don't (I don't think).  I didn't tell him I don't take my temperature but I can usually tell if I have a fever by how I feel.  I've had a few very low-grade fevers but this would be a high fever and it wouldn't come and go!  He said that for some reason, and these are his words, "skinny people have more pain and it takes them longer to heal".  I guess he's saying I'm skinny!  Why do we always like to hear that?  Hahaha.

I do wonder why I was feeling fine and dandy and then woke up with this new pain?  One of the great mysteries I guess.  I am not going to worry about it.  He told me to pretty much do whatever I want but to listen to my body and if I need to rest, then rest....

I am much relieved.  Guess I'll go ride my horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment