Friday, November 22, 2013

Cancer Wellness House - Jin-Shin Jyutsu


I'm so excited!  Through another blog, I learned about Cancer Wellness House in Salt Lake City, Utah.  This is an organization that provides different types of resources for cancer patients and caregivers.  They have support groups, Mind & Body Wellness Programs (acupuncture, reiki, massage therapy, meditation, etc.)  I went online and filled out their Wellness Assessment and the social worker called me today to schedule me for acupuncture and the Jin-Shin-Jyutsu, which I had never heard of!  To learn more about the Cancer Wellness House in Utah go here:
http://www.cancer-wellness.org/Home_Page.php

To learn more about Jin-Shin Jyutsu, go here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/29/jin-shin-jyutsu-cancer-pain-nausea-touch-therapy_n_1638340.html?

I have been dealing with the stress of having Stage IV cancer and at times, feel quite overwhelmed.  I'm not one to ask for help.  I did see a flyer on the wall at my cancer clinic.  It said to "ask your health provider" if you are feeling depressed, overwhelmed, etc.  I don't know why, but I feel hesitant to ask my oncologist about it.  I was thrilled to learn of this program at Cancer Wellness House.  The best thing is it is free!  I'm hoping that if I can, I can volunteer for some of their events to help "pay back" any of the services I utilize.

I'm also hoping to be able to participate in their "Survivors at the Summit" event, which is a hike (or tram ride) up to Hidden Peak at Snowbird Ski Resort. Last year it was in August. I don't think they've scheduled next years yet.  If you want to learn more, click here:
http://www.cancer-wellness.org/Survivors_at_the_Summit_L3F.html

Survivors at the Summit symbolizes the challenges individuals experience when faced with cancer, pays tribute to their courage and determination, and honors the memory of those who have passed. 


I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!






No comments:

Post a Comment