Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Frustration

Oh the frustrations of having a "rare" cancer!  I went in this morning for my scheduled appointment to have my blood drawn for my 3 month checkup.  Two weeks ago I reminded the nurse that they had to order the special Z-tube for one of my tests.  It is very sensitive and I've been advised by many that only one lab does it right (ISI in California).  ISI will send them the tubes free.  They can also get the tubes from Lab Corp.  I've had the test done at the hospital lab before and they knew what it was.

So, I get there and guess what?  No Z-tube.  I waited and waited and the medical assistant finally came out and told me she didn't know where the "special" tube was and she was looking for it.  I told her I had reminded the nurse two weeks ago to get it.  Anyway, long story short.  They called the hospital lab and they did have one.  They sent me down to the outpatient lab where I had to register, wait again, wait some more and finally got the stupid blood work done!  THE big problem is that this means the test won't be sent to ISI.  It will most likely go through Lab Corp to ARUP and then on to Cambridge LABS who apparently don't do it right.  In other words, a HUGE waste of money and time!  ARGH.  I was gone for 2 1/2 hours for a five minute blood draw.

I can't wait to see what goes wrong next week at my CT Scan appointment.  Hopefully nothing since I've been there many times now and I think they know me!  Hahaha.  I tried to be "nice" while I was explaining to the medical assistant and their boss, why the test needed to be sent to ISI.  They just looked at me like I was from another planet.

This happened this morning starting at 8:30 am.  It is now 4:50 pm and I am still mad!  I can't let it go...  I think I'm having a bit of "carcinoid rage".  I even had palpitations and felt like I couldn't breath.  However, I must say I was nice to all the medical staff.  They knew I was frustrated but it really wasn't their fault.  It was the nurses fault and my Doctors fault for not educating his staff!  I'm going to have to talk to him about it when I see him next.

I'm feeling a lot better already.  I just had to vent.  I'll let you know how the test come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment