Wednesday, July 17, 2013

CT Scan...

I had my follow-up CT Scan this morning.  The report was online by the time I got to work!  FAST...

My blood work came back as well.  Everything looked OK to me.  CgA is still within normal range but since it was a different lab the "range" is slightly different on all these tests so I can't graph them!  Rats... They'll do the CBC and Liver Function tests again when I go see my oncologist next week.  Maybe I'll make them do the CgA over again as well (that is one of the tumor marker tests).  My pancreastatin is not back yet but I'm pretty sure it will be lower than the last one, which I can't find so I don't know what it was.  Another rats!

So... CT scan results show that my areas of fluid(?) in my liver are mostly gone!  1 area is still there but much smaller.  They did not include measurements this time.  No new tumors in my liver, which is fab!  remaining "nodules" are still multiple and scattered throughout but have remained unchanged since the reference scan (did not say which scan they referenced).

Some interesting new findings although I think mostly unrelated to my cancer are that (this may be TMI for some so stop reading here--my comments are in blue)...

The endometrium appears irregular and mildly
heterogeneous (I Dr. Googled this and heterogeneous just means "mixed" or "different"). There is tiny fluid in the cervical canal (no idea what this could be?) . The left ovary is normal (yeah for normal). There is a lobulated 2.1 cm low density structure in the right adnexal region with marginal
enhancement (probably a cyst -- the Adnexal region is the "ovaries and fallopian tubes" (again per Dr. Google). There is small fluid in the right adnexa and right posterior pelvis (ruptured cysts? I have been having some pain in that area. I thought it was from my surgery but Dr. Google said it was most likely from ruptured cysts).

FINAL IMPRESSION:

1. Stable to slightly smaller multifocal liver metastases (yeah!).
2. Superior wall thickening the proximal transverse colon near
the inferior margin of the liver. This could represent
metastatic involvement (not yeah!) given the proximity to the previously
resected liver lesions. Reactive thickening related to previous
surgery could also be the cause of this finding (most likely but I am wondering if I should go in for that follow-up colonoscopy--will ask my Doc--again).
3. Involuting right ovarian follicle (Dr. Googled that and it means a collapsed follicle, which is what the egg is in but I'm probably not ovulating so it is common for the follicle to collapse).
4. Mild irregular appearance of the endometrium and small fluid in the cervical canal. Consider
pelvic ultrasound for further evaluation (hmmm, probably why I am still bleeding. Not uncommon and is why my OBGYN put me on Progerstone--just hasn't stopped the bleeding but will give it more time).
5. Mild diffuse urinary bladder wall thickening without focal mucosal lesion (????  Have no idea on this one).

I did message my OBGYN and told her I had my CT Scan and to look at the report if she had time.  Haven't heard back from her yet.  If I had done my Dr. Google beforehand, I probably would not have messaged her and just waited until after my appt. with Oncologist next week.  I'm pretty sure she will say that there is nothing to worry about yet and to come see her in another month or so and then maybe do a follow-up ultrasound or something.  You never know though.  They may want to do that ultrasound.  I just dont' want to have a colonoscopy when I am bleeding cause that is just gross!

On a totally different thought... I have 1/2 leased my mare Abbie to a very nice lady! Abbie seems to love her and she rides really well (I havent' seen her ride but my trainer said she is very soft and light in her hands, which is good).  This will help me a little bit financially and now I can get my window in my car replaced as it has cracked all the way down now.  On the drivers side directly between my eyes!  


I will post next week after I meet with my Oncologist.  My guess is that he will want to follow-up with me in 6 months now!  Woot, woot.  Not sure he will have any concerns about the rest of the report.  I think the fluid and all that is probably due to cysts, which are pretty normal and my OBGYN is keeping an eye on the continued bleeding issues which hopefully the progesterone will stop in a few more weeks.  It's been 7 weeks and she said to give it 6-8 weeks to work.  I don't think it's going to work.  May be looking at a D&C or Uterine Ablation but we were hoping to avoid the OR again!  Part of me just say's take it all out but I really, really don't want another surgery!  That would suck but not having periods/bleeding would be a huge bonus!  I would probably want to keep at least one ovary so I don't go into instant menopause.  Oh, the progesteron has helped with my hot flashes. I'm not having many at all now.  They were daily and now it is just occasionally!  One of the GT (good things) to come from taking it.    I am, however, having some pretty bad headaches and I'm very, very tired.  Both side-affects of progesterone.  


Take care and I will post next week after my appt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment