Thursday, January 10, 2013

Big sigh--frustration, etc.

I never heard back from the nurse regarding my Octreotide level results.  I really thought she would call me on Monday but she didn't.  I decided NOT to call and just wait and find out when I went in for my shot on Tuesday.  Well, when I got there, the medical assistant (or nurse--I'm not sure what they are) that checked me in said, I need to draw your blood.  I asked "what for"?  She said to get your octreotide test.  WHAT?  We did that last month....  She said that they did a CBC.  Oh my hell!  I was very clear about what test we were doing.  I'm not sure if the nurse or the doctor screwed up.  The funny thing was that this was the SAME girl.  I remained calm.  Took a deep breath and just said OK.  I'm not going to stress about it.  I wanted to throw a fit but it just isn't worth it.  NOT a big deal.  She did assure me that they would send it out to ISI that night.  Guess I'll find out in a couple more weeks.  I'm not going to call though.  If they don't call me, I'll just find out when I go in on the 5th.  I am see the doctor, so I can bitch to him about it!

Tomorrow is the BIG day.  Meeting with the surgeon.  I read his profile again.  He is the head of the liver transplant program at the University of Utah.  He has some pretty amazing credentials.  We are also supposed to get a HUGE snowstorm starting today and going through tomorrow.  It does make me nervous about the drive as it's up on the side of the mountain!  Ick.  Roads could be bad.  I'm going to plan on leaving an hour early since normal drive time would be 25-30 minutes anyway.

I'm not sure why I'm nervous.  I don't even know what I'm really hoping for.  Do I want another big surgery?  Is it worth the risks?  Is it even possible with the number of tumors that I have and their locations?  I think I just want to know one way or the other.  Then I can move on with other treatment options.

I will post tomorrow after my appointment.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment