Friday, May 9, 2014

So tired...

I don't know what is going on... I know that most cancer patients deal with fatigue--mainly from chemo and radiation treatment (which I do not get nor have I gotten), but I have been so very tired these past two weeks.  It's almost as bad as when I was on Metropolol for my heart palps (which I quit taking do to the level of fatigue I was experiencing)!  Its almost as bad but I don't feel like my head is in a fish bowl.  Just super fatigued.  It's just a feeling of total exhaustion!

I don't have any scheduled blood draws until July.  I think that if I don't feel any better, I'll call my oncologist's office before my next Sandostatin shot and see if they will check my blood when I come in.  I don't know what else to do. I did tell the nurse at my last visit, how tired I was.  She always asks but doesn't DO anything about it or try too!  I sometimes feel that us "NOIDS" are not taken that seriously.  Someone stated that we're just a "speck" on their calendar!

I am "between" doctors for anything else since my COBRA insurance ran out and my new insurance kicked in but I haven't found a new GP yet.  I'm not going to try and get into someone new for just fatigue (except I did forget about my thyroid and will run out of pills in two more months--sigh).

I do worry that this is my "cancer" growing.  I've read on other blogs that that was the first sign of recurrence or progression--extreme fatigue!  I don't have any other symptoms though.  No new ones anyway!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    I've been pretty fatigued ever since my debulking surgery. It's almost 8 months later and I still don't have all my energy back. Last week in our NY Noids support group we were discussing fatigue and all the carcinioid patients there said that they are much more fatigued now than before their surgery, no matter how long ago the surgery was. I'm not sure and hoping it doesn't mean that the cancer is spreading any faster. I'm not sure what to do to fix it and get more energy though. If you figure anything out, let me know. Meanwhile, stay well.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth,
      Thank you for your comment! My Oncologist warned me that with liver resection, fatigue can last for months! I didn't loose much of my liver--thus my fatigue was minimal after surgery. I've been feeling pretty good until this past month. I do hope you get your energy back! I think fatigue is common with us cancer patients. I'll let you know if I find anything that helps. Ditto!

      Delete
    2. Hi, I found you from Beth's blog. I have a blog too. It's http://www.Carcinoid-Cancer.com and I am fatigued as well. My doctor told me to get more active....grrrrr.....he's a good doctor but....are you kidding me?! I used to get dizzy spells but, those are gone now that I quit work. (I couldn't keep up). I went from that to sleeping the day away but, have recently started chemo and the fatigue is less. Not gone but less. Unfortunately, my cancer is still growing. ~ Ed

      Delete
    3. Thanks Ed! I get dizzy too. Hmmm. I'm fairly active. Keep saying I'm going to do more but it's hard when you're so tired! I'll check out your blog! I hope the chemo slows things down.

      Delete