Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day...

I hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day.  I'm off to Southern Utah to see my sister Ricki.  Her daughter, my niece is going to be there with her brood (4 of her own and 1 step-son). Also my nephew and his wife with their son and new baby girl (I hope they are there).  I'm excited to see them (but not for the 4 1/2 hour drive).  We are going to go boating.  I'm taking my dog, Sookie.  I don't know how she'll handle the lake--this will be her first!  She's a timid little thing so we shall see!

I'm feeling good.  I've had some low-blood sugar issues but I've had those for years.  The shot I get every month, Sandostatin, is also known to cause high/low blood sugar.  Even full blown diabetes.  I also have been getting extreme nausea along with the shakes and sweats but I don't know what that is.  I think I may have picked up a bug.  I hope not.

My side hurts now and then but it continues to get better and better.  When it flares up, it feels like I've pulled the muscles around my ribs on my right side.  I think it's weird.

Update on Abbie.  I've decided to try and lease her instead of flat out sell her.  Mainly because she is my "rock" and keeps me sane and I love her!  I don't want to see her go to someone else.  There is a young lady (17 or 18) at the barn who may lease her.  This will probably be a half lease so I'll still be able to ride her.  We will just split the expenses.  I know this girl shows so that would be a great experience for Abbie.  I did show her once last year, just before my diagnosis.  We won or first class!  It was fun but it's not the end-all of riding.  I used to show a lot when I first started out.  I showed in the Hunter division, which is over fences.  We did really well or I fell off!  I'll try to find my pictures and post a few.

These are me and Abbie.


Isn't she pretty?

I have not forgotten what Memorial Day is all about.  I do hope we can all remember what this day means.  I have many relatives I want to remember --especially my Mom and Dad.  Both who have died from cancer.   Cancer really does suck!  



No comments:

Post a Comment