Thursday, May 9, 2013

All is quiet...

I think it's going to be a quiet few months.  I do still have some rib pain.  It comes and goes in intensity but is always there.  I'm hoping it eventually goes away but I'm feeling doubtful.  I'm trying to stay positive.

I did get a bit of good news today!  I guess they did a CgA blood test (tumor marker) along with my CBC and LFT (liver function test) at my last apt.  It was NORMAL!  My first since diagnosis.  It was 4 with the range being 0-5.  It was 12 last time and before that a different lab did it so the "values" are totally different.  My next blood draw will be in July and we'll do a pancreastatin test, which is a better tumor marker test than the CgA.  However, a few of my LFT numbers were a bit off.  One is below normal and one is above.  It looks like a few have been steadily climbing.  I will ask my oncologist after my next tests come back.  I know one high/low test doesn't mean much--it is the trend that's important.  I would expect my liver tests to be a little "off" what with my surgery and all!

I'm joining a new gym!  It's only a couple of blocks from my house so no excuses... I want to try yoga.. I've heard its really good for adhesion's and with two major abdominal surgeries in under a year, I'm worried about having problems down the road.  I know some people are more prone to "fibrosis" than others and I hope I'm not one of them.  I think working out again will help my "mental" state as well.  Yes, riding my horse is also good mental therapy!  My sister went and checked it out yesterday and said they have some really cool "state-of-the-art" machines.

I forgot to mention that today it has been 12 weeks since my surgery!  The magic 12 week number where you are supposed to feel better!  I am getting there....

No comments:

Post a Comment