Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dr's Appointment and Results!

I met with Dr. Pieper. I loved her!  She was awesome.  She really took her time with me and wasn't rushed at all.  We just talked for probably 30 minutes or so before she examined me. I cried a little.  I haven't done that in front of a doctor!  Must be the woman thing.  She just asked me if I was depressed or stressed and I was like, um, yeah--I have CANCER!  Anyway, she was super nice and supportive.  We talked about my cancer and what was going on.  She was a little concerned with my bleeding issues.  it might just be the beginning of menopause but she didn't think so...

She did a biopsy of my uterine lining.. ouch! That hurt like a bitch (sorry).  I don't know how long that report will take.  She also ordered a bunch of blood work, which has come back (My Health online--love it).  The only thing that is now above normal is my creatinine, which is a kidney function indicator.  I see now that it has been steadily climbing.  I do not know what this means.  I guess I will find out if it's anything of concern when she calls me.  She also ordered the CA-125, which can be a indicator for Ovarian cancer, but it was in the normal range.  Another new test she ordered was a blood clotting factor test (a function of the liver).  It is also in the normal range so that is good.  It had me a little worried. However, I am still bleeding from the biopsy and I'm not sure that is normal.  It should probably not last this long (5 full days).

She also had me go have an ultrasound--it was supposed to be both vaginal and external but the technician didn't want to do the internal (trans-vaginal).  He said that I could just tell her it was because of the biopsy but I think he just didn't want to do it.  That is the feeling I got.  The written report was online yesterday, which said everything was "normal".  It didn't mention the ovarian cysts at all!  Perhaps it is gone but I wonder if that is why she wanted the trans-vaginal ultrasound.  Who knows.  Guess I'll find out when I hear from her--she's off this week so I'm sure it'll be next week sometime.  I really feel like the ultrasound was a waste.  It did show I had a nabothian cyst in my cervix but that's not where the CT scan said it was.  These are normal findings in women who have had children but since I haven't had any, who knows?   If the ovarian cysts is gone, that is GREAT!  I'm just not 100 % sure what to think.... said my left ovary was actually much smaller than the right one and the cyst was supposed to be bigger than the ovary measured. Strange.  It must just be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment