Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm Baaaaaaaaaack and NET Cancer Day is Here!

Mexico was great.  Didn't do a lot , mostly just laid around in the sun and relaxed, which is what i needed the most.  I felt pretty good most of the time.  I had some bloating and constipation issues but I get that when I travel a lot anyway.  I tried not to eat too much for this reason.  I did eat plenty and drank a few "Miami Vice's" to boot!  Not sure how but I lost a pound.  I felt like I gained weight but it was probably just water.

I know I shouldn't worry about my weight.  I should eat whatever I want and not worry about it.  The truth is, I still care.  I like being "thin".  I'm 112 lbs and 5' 5".  That's not too thin but I know I don't need to lose anymore weight!

This Saturday is NET (Carcinoid) Cancer Day around the world!  NET stands for neuroendocrine tumor.   We don't get a month yet, only a day and it has been fought for across the USA State-by-State to be officially recognized.  Utah is not one of those states recognizing it as of yet. I hope to be more pro-active in the next year and get a support group started and help raise awareness of NET Cancer.  That will be another post.

Regarding NET Cancer Day:  I've learned that not a lot of cancer organizations lend support for NET cancer research.  Most research is privately funded.  We need to help raise awareness of this cancer to increase research funds and patient support!  If you are interested in learning more, go to http://netcancerday.org/

So on Saturday, wear your zebra print or something black and white to help show your support of NET Cancer!

Bless you all-- I will post some pictures from Mexico when I get them downloaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment