Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Heart to Heart

I had some issues last week with my blood pressure.  It as just one day. I felt really weird--I know that's not really a "medical" description but it's the best I can give.  I had a feeling that it was my blood pressure.  I decided to run up to the pharmacy by work because they have one of those blood pressure machines you stick your arm in.  My BP was really high!  I don't know how accurate those machines are... it was 176 / 101 the first time and 152/ 127 the second time I took it.  Waaaaaay high...  I didn't know what to do.  I thought about calling my doctor but it was right before Thanksgiving and I decided to wait and see how I felt the next day.

One of my co-workers said he had a blood pressure monitor and would bring it in for me to use.  He's so great!  This is one of those that go on your wrist.  Since that day, it's been pretty good.  However, I have been having heart palpitations ever since that day.  Just like the ones I had before starting the Sandostatin LAR shots.  A little bit worse than before if I'm honest.  It is usually only when I eat.  Which is strange.  I decided to call my doctor yesterday and see what they said.  They decided to have me go in and get fitted for a heart monitor. I think it's only for 24 hours.  I'm going in this morning to get it.  Might be interesting.  My friend Elle, works at the Heart and Lung Clinic that I'm going to so I sent her a text letting her know I'd be there today if she had time to come say "hi".  She said she would so I'm looking forward to seeing her and catching her up on everything.  We don't talk much but she's such a sweet person and I really love her.  We are trail-riding buddies.

I'll try and get a picture of me all "monitored up" if I can get one that doesn't show too much!

I'm back from getting all "wired" up!  Not a big deal.  Lots of tape though.  It is going to be driving me nuts by the end of the 24 hours...  It is a very small unit.  Smaller than my cell phone!  The wires are long and multiple so they are a little hard to hide.  Will try and get a picture....

No comments:

Post a Comment