Monday, August 1, 2016

Mable is still my friend!

I saw my oncologist last week.  No changes in my liver tumors!  Still friends with miss Mable.  I had two interesting things on my scan though. The First was a sub-acute right rib fracture of the eight rib. Now I know where that pain was coming from!  I know when I did it too but not why it fractured.  I bent over to move bucket of water and something "popped" in my ribs.  It hurt like hell and still does. I thought that perhaps I popped a muscle.  My oncologist didn't even mention it.  I saw it when I asked to read the report.  Then I asked him.  It was the very first comment.  I think he only reads the conclusion at the end...  When I did say something, then he asked me if I fell.  I was like "no".  He said it didn't have bearing on my cancer so???

The other interesting (funny) thing of note was a "new globular soft tissue density in the left buttock subcutaneous tissues.  Hahaha.  It could be a Sando shot that didn't go deep enough into the muscle (what a waste of money).  If it get bigger (it's 1.6 cm) then we will know if it is or not.  I did mention my heart palpitations.  He said nothing about the EKG I had.  He seemed clueless unconcerned about that even though carcinoid can cause them.  It really makes me miss my old oncologist.  I'm debating on whether or not to switch centers so I can go back to him.

Not my ribs!  8th rib is the one I fractured!
The next day I had an appointment with my GP (she's an internist) for a prescription refill (I hate having to go into the doctor just to get a refill but some meds require a yearly visit I guess).  I told her about the heart palps, the rib fracture and she was concerned. She was going to pull up my old Holter monitor results and echo cardiogram from 2012.  She wanted me to do the Holter monitor but when I told her I had and how big a pain it was she said she'd "see".  She also said fracturing my rib that way is NOT normal.  Wants me to have a DEXA scan to check my bone density.  I'm getting that on Wednesday.  Hope my bones are ok.

Oh, forgot.  When I got my Sandostatin shot, the needle clogged.  Not once, but twice!  She has to stick me 3 times!!!  I've never, ever had a needle clog.

All-in-all, good news.  Me and Mable will hang out for as long as we can!

9 comments:

  1. I noticed you haven't posted recently...how are you? from someone in the same boat as you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m still here! I’ve had trouble logging into my blog! Currently getting PRRT as I type this.

      Delete
  2. Hey Becky! Thanks for checking in. I really need to do an update. I'm doing well! No new issues. I did just have surgery to fuse some disks in my neck. It went well and I'm hoping to go back to work soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it's been another year since your last post. I just wanted to check in and make sure you're still doing alright. Every time you post it gives the rest of us hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quick Googling shows that you're still around and posting on Twitter. Had me scared for a few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough develop and chronic cough worsen. include chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes the first was bone pain, headaches, dizziness,I was so piss off and tired of my life until i read about Dr Itua herbal medicine on blogspot i really thought it was scam when i first contacted him so little time i think about it and bought the herbal medicine which i took for three weeks and i was totally cured his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer.But not only this Lung Cancer This great man can cure,Dr Itua also told me he can cure such diseases like... COLORECTAL CANCER, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, SKIN CANCER, UTERINE CANCER, LEUKEMIA,HIV/AIDS,OVARIAN CANCER,BLOOD CANCER,MEN/WOMAN INFERTILITY,BURKITT LYMPHOMA - NON-HODGKIN.BRONNCHIAL TUMORS, BRAIN TUMORS,BILE DUCT CANCER,BONE CANCER,VAGINAL CANCER,HERPES VIRUS,LOVE SPELL,HEPATITIS,HE'S A GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR.HERE HIS CONTACT EMAIL::: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. WHATSAPP:::+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOVE SPELL, LOTTERY SPELL. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob,Dairies,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid. disease,Lupus,Lipoid Storage diseases( Gauchers disease),Polycystic Disease.,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Cirrhosis of Liver,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic,HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete