Monday, January 25, 2016

New LungNoid Support Community and an update!

First, I am not a lungnoid.  I do know of many NET patients who are.  A lungnoid is someone whose primary tumor originated in their lung or bronchial system.  We just recently lost our first support group member, she was a a-typical lungnoid.  It was sad.  One of the nicest ladies....

I received an email from the Neuroendocrine Cancer Awareness Network about their new Lung Neuroendocrine Tumor Support Community.  This community is part of Inspire, which also has a PNET (pancreatic) support community.

LungNET.inspire.com

I'm having trouble with their website today so I hope the link works.

My Christmas and New Years were pretty uneventful.  I did catch a cold and it really took me down for a bit.  I'm just now feeling better although my ribs are killing me from coughing so much!

I' had a cervical epidural injection of steroids in my neck almost two weeks ago.  It was one of the easiest procedures that I've had.  I hope it helps.  My neck is worse off than I thought was.  An MRI showed major stenosis, bone spurs, arthritis, flattening of the spinal cord and a herniated disk.  Argh. It feels better now but I'm also taking Celebrex.

I have a triple phase CT scan on Friday.  Then meet with my new Oncologist next Tuesday for the results.  I did get the results from my CgA and Pancreastatin blood tests.  My CgA dropped another point to a 2 (normal is 0-5), which is great but my pancreastatin went up 90 points!  Its above normal. I don't know why the CgA went down and pancreastatin we up but they do say the pancreastatin is much more sensitive (better) a test.  I know that it's the "trend" that matters.  Not one blood test result.

I'll update after my appointment next week!


2 comments:

  1. I'm not convinced I have found the right carcinoid doctor for me. who handles your care? feel free to email me privately. kitchen at ubtanet.com I'm travelling to SLC from rural Utah.

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOVE SPELL, LOTTERY SPELL. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete