Monday, August 12, 2013

Not much...

Not much to report.  I guess that is a good thing.  I did get my pancreastatin back.  It was 119 so less than half of what it was!  I'm not sure what the normal range is.  It doesn't say and I haven't been back to the clinic to ask.  I think it is <100.  We will watch this one as it can be a more sensitive marker to show tumor progression.

Warning:  Girlie talk....
I have the uterine ablation scheduled for the end-of-the-month!  Yeah!  Still bleeding and I'm so sick of it.  I have to go in for a pre-op appointment the Friday before so I'll find out more then--like how exactly she will do it.  I know there are different techniques such as using a laser to burn the lining off or hot liquid to literally "boil" the lining of the uterus.  I'm glad I'm going to be "out" for it!  I don't know if it will be general anesthesia (doubtful) or conscious sedation (most likely).  All I care about it that I won't feel anything or remember anything (hopefully).  Of course, with Carcinoid Cancer there is always a risk of Carcinoid Crisis--this is where your blood pressure and/or temperature can plummet or go sky high and cause cardiac arrest.  This is why I have to have this procedure done in the OR.  Usually, it is an "in-office" procedure.  Octreotide can be given before, during and after procedures to help prevent Carcinoid Crisis but I don't know if I've ever needed it or gotten it during either of my surgeries (I know they had it on hand).  I know that I never had any issues during my liver surgery because I asked.  I'm not sure about my first surgery, the right-hemicolectomy. I doubt I had any problems.  Now that my tumor burden is very low, I would be surprised if I had any problems with the procedure but you never know.  My OBGYN is so on-top of everything, I'm sure she will take precautions (and I'm going to ask).  It would be my luck to have issues for a simple procedure but not major surgery!

Everything else is going OK. I've been very, very, very tired.  I'm not sure why. I am not (or at least I wasn't) anemic.  I guess I could be getting there.  I sleep pretty good.  This morning I felt like I was drugged.  I didn't even think I should be driving.  Luckily, it only takes me about 10 minutes to get to work.  I felt better by about 10am.  I just want to go home and lay down.  I don't usually nap but I think I might try tonight.  I just don't want to screw up my night-time sleep, you know?  I have no idea if this fatigue is related to the cancer or medication.  I think it's probably medication.  I take 3 drugs and they all list fatigue as a possible side-affect.  At least after my ablation I should be able to stop taking the progesterone.  I don't care if the hot flashes come back.  I can deal with those (I think).

I'll keep you posted on the procedure.  I don't, at this time, even know what time it is scheduled for!  I hope not too early!  I am not a morning person.  Of course, I don't want it to be too late in the day as I won't be able to eat or drink anything.  I'm hoping and praying for good results.  My only other option would be a hysterectomy and I really don't want another major surgery!    

No comments:

Post a Comment