Tuesday, November 3, 2015

NET Cancer Day is November 10th!

and I get my butt dart!  I mean, my Sandostatin shot.  On NET Cancer Day.  Yeah.  It isn't really a butt dart anymore.  With the new formula, it is a little less painful although I have had more pain after the shot than I was having before.  I don't really think it is the formula though.  I think it is just how it is.  Sometimes it hurts and sometimes it doesn't.

Sorry I have not posted.  I've had "technical" difficulties and have not been able to access this blog.  I'm not sure how I got in tonight.  I just kept trying and it finally popped up.  Weird.

Soooo,  with NET Cancer Day approaching.  I do want to give a shout-out to raising awareness for NET/Carcinoid Cancer.  I really want to start being more or an advocate for us Zebras and help raise awareness of this rare cancer.  I am going to try and do much better with the blogging...

Please check out the Carcinoid Cancer Foundation www.carcinoid.org and if you are on Facebook, they have a zebra striped background that you can overlay onto your profile picture.  It is very cool. I did mine.

I wanted to add that one of my concerns about being "open" about advocating for NET cancer is that my work does not know about my diagnosis.  There are a few people who do but not my boss or the directors that I support.  I also work for an insurance company so it can be a little awkward.  I figured I wouldn't ever say anything until I had to get additional treatment.  I may "come out" but I haven't decided when.

My next scheduled blood work isn't until the first part of January. I have a scan scheduled for the end of January and then meet with my new oncologist the first week in February.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sharon, is there an email I can reach you at? Can't seem to find one on your page. Can you email me when you get a chance?

    CameronVSJ (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete