Wednesday, June 18, 2014

2nd "Cancerversary"!

Well, today its been two years since I heard the life-altering news, "you have cancer"!  Wow.  What a ride...


I wasn't even going to post anything more about it. I'm just feeling "blah".  Not really into it nor do I feel like it's a time to celebrate.  I'll never be "cancer-free" again.  I don't know how long I have.  Hopefully years before progression necessitates any intervention.  I've been stable since my liver surgery in Feb. 2013.  16 months.  That is GREAT!  (See, I'm trying to be positive.)

So many have died recently.  One young man, 6 months after diagnosis.  Another 5 years. Another 8 1/2.  Lindsey 3 years.  You just don't know how long you've got.  No one does but we're standing in the middle of the road waiting for that bus to hit.  All I hope for is better treatment options by the time I need something!

Here's to another 2 years with the good quality of life that I have right now!  Here's a "toast" to all those making this journey with me!


4 comments:

  1. Cheers to your Cancerversary. Glad you are feeling so well. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog. I also live near SLC and my best friend in the whole world was just diagnosed with carcinoid cancer that has spread to the liver. She lives in Las Vegas and the doctors have not been good about providing her with info or explanations. She was in the hospital for 3+ weeks and wasn't even told what kind of cancer. I guess this is a more rare type? Anyway, I'm excited to start reading your blog so that we can have a better understanding of this disease and what to expect. It is awesome that you have provided helpful blogs and links! Do you have a Facebook page I can follow? (I use it more than blogs). Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristi!
      Wow, sucks about your friend. Not good to hear but good for you for researching and learning about this rare cancer! Email me and I can get you more info. I know another noid in Vegas. He's about 9 years into this. Can perhaps help her with finding a good doc! I am on Facebook. Sharon Larsen in West Jordan! I hope she's healing and recovering ok. Please contact me!

      Delete