Wednesday, June 22, 2016

4 Years...

I just passed my four year cancer diagnosis.  It kind of just went by without much thought until now.  It's hard to believe its been four years.  I'm feeling pretty good.  I have more pain from my neck than anything.  It is probably time for another injection.  I have been having some rib-area pain that is pretty steady.  It isn't super sharp but it's not a dull pain either.  It's hard to know if this is from the liver surgery or something else.  I was told that some people have pain forever after that type of surgery.  It does come and go and is definitely worse when I sit for long periods of time.
My first surgery was July 2nd, 2012.  Right-hemicolectomy via laporoscopic surgery.  My recovery went well and I was in the hospital for 4-5 days.  I can't remember.  My second surgery was the following February and was a liver resection.  They removed about ten tumors (which left me with about ten small ones).  My remaining rumors have remained fairly stable since.
Next up:  scan on July 20th and i meet with my Oncologist the following week to get results.  He didn't order any blood work but they'll do the basics before i see him.
I will let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment