Monday, June 17, 2013

Cancerversary!

Today is my one year Cancerversary!



One year ago today I heard those 3 little words that no one wants or expects to hear "you have cancer!"  The phone call that changed my life forever... it's been a crazy year with a lot of tests, scans, and research.  When the doctor called me and told me that he was wrong, and in fact it was cancer which had spread to my liver, I thought that I would be dead by now!  He told me it was Carcinoid but I don't remember much else of that conversation.

Now one year later and I've had 5 CT Scans, 1 Octreoscan and two major surgeries.  A busy year indeed.  I'm hoping for 20 more cancerversaries!

My next scan is scheduled for July 18th with blood work the week before and then my appointment with my oncologist.  I'm hoping for no growth in my liver tumors and no "new" tumors.  If that's the case, I think I'll finally be able to go to the twice yearly scans and follow-ups with my oncologist.  Of course, I will continue with the Sandostatin LAR shots for as long as it continues to work.

Here's to the next 20 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment